It’s easy to let yourself get dragged down with all that’s going on at the moment so I want to spread a little positivity to you and keep your spirits up. Lots of you will now be working from home where it’s easy to let your mental health fall into sloppy and downward spirals. Here are 8 tips to keep yourself in a positive and proactive mode to look after your mental health:
- Get up at what time you normally would and get ready as if you are going to work normally. For example dress in your “work clothes” and don’t slop around in your Jim jams all day.
- The times you would normally take travelling to work can now be put to use for organising.
- Organise your meals for the day. Cook up stews, casseroles and soups for the just in case moments if you are taken ill and pop them in the freezer.
- Make yourself a list the night before of whats on the agenda the next day and stick to it – prioritise tasks at the top.
- If possible make yourself a workplace in your home and only work there. Your mind will be in work mode there and you will concentrate better.
- Make sure you get some exercise – ideally outside in the fresh air (keeping away from others of course), a good 30 min brisk walk will oxygenate and stimulate your brain.
- Join my Free Wellbeing Wednesday group which I have set up to bring people together and where I will be giving you tips and a relaxation session. Please email me for the link.
- Listen to my free 10 minutes relaxation session below.
Hope this helps you – remember you are not alone and if you feel the need to talk to someone pick up the phone to a friend or relative and ask how they are. Look after yourself and those around you and do whatever you can to help those in need.